We're looking for a Director of Engineering who will help us launch a brand-new product.
CAKE.com is a unicorn, product-based software company, with offices in California, Europe, and Asia.
We are focused on creating products that are used by millions around the world. Some of our products include Clockify (time tracking app), Pumble (business communication app), and Plaky (task management app).
Clockify is the world's #1-time tracker, used by millions, from individuals to big companies like Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, American Express, Amazon, etc.
We are in the process of initiating the launch of a new email platform, comparable to Google Workspace. In this role, you will be instrumental in the design and construction of this innovative product from its inception. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in the onboarding of new developers and contribute to the ongoing enhancement and scalability of the system.
Your responsibilities will encompass making significant high-level engineering decisions, conceptualizing the software architecture, and actively engaging in development and testing processes. As the team expands, your role will evolve to include guiding new members, ensuring adherence to sound engineering principles, and promoting the adoption of best practices within the team.
- Define the architecture and design principles to guide technical decisions
- Make high-level design choices and enforce technical standards
- Implement features and contribute code (a lot of hands-on work at the beginning)
- Lead engineers, delegate tasks, and mentor team members
- Maintain code quality and manage technical risks
- Supervise testing and deployment, and manage release
- 5+ years of experience in a leading technological role
- Working proficiency with web backend and frontend technologies
- Broad technical knowledge (software architecture, design patterns, DevOps, infrastructure, optimization and scalability, data security, engineering best practices)
- Fluent in the English language
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Business and project management experience
- Experience in SaaS industry
What we provide
- Working in a product-based company with talented experts in the domain
- Onsite (Belgrade/Novi Sad office)
- A supportive, healthy, and transparent work culture that encourages innovation and growth
- Private health insurance
- Private dental insurance
- In-house learning program (social/soft skills workshops, leadership training, tech lectures, knowledge sharing, and tech clubs)
- Team-building activities, many small gatherings, and parties
- Fresh fruits, soft drinks
- Breakfast in office
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying